Moringa will help you with improving your health, prolong your life, increase your energy and get rid of problems with your body. Moringa oleifera has its origin from South Asia. It is also known by the name ‘drumstick’ and has been used for many years in the past as a natural remedy because it contains antioxidant properties.
Research has shown that the moringa plant is very healthy but there are still a lot of things about the plant that has remained unknown.
Below is a list of 8 reasons why you should eat moringa fruit and leaves.
- Loaded with nutrients
– Moringa leaves are rich in a lot of minerals and vitamins. One cup of pods has 157% of the suggested daily amount of vitamin C.
– One cup contains:
– Protein -2g
– Iron – 11% RDA
– Magnesium – 8% RDA
– Vitamin A – 9% RDA
– Vitamin B2 riboflavin
– Vitamin B6 – 19% RDA
– Vitamin C – 12% RDA
– Note that it’s always better to use the plant fresh although dry leaves can also be used as a supplement.
- Can prevent cancer
– Moringa can eliminate free radicals because of the antioxidants it contains. It can prevent the forming of cancer. It is rich with many health-giving substances like beta-carotene and vitamin C as well as chlorogenic acid and quercetin, which the radicals use to fight back.
- Can purify the blood
– Moringa pods and leaves can help with cleaning the blood. Eating a moringa soup will help with cleansing the blood and eliminating acne and other skin problems. Also, the moringa juice is helpful for getting rid of pimples and acne because of its antibiotic properties.
- Helps with eye problems
– Moringa treats eye problems like conjunctivitis. You can make a paste from ground moringa leaves and put it on your eyes. Adding honey to the paste can help treating corneal problems. Moringa leaves also help with reducing eye swelling.
- Anti-Aging properties
– Due to the content of vitamin A, moringa can be a great anti-aging treatment, as well as improving the vision and boosting the immunity.
- Strong Bones
– Moring plant helps improve the density of the bones. Because of its content rich with calcium and iron it can prevent bone loss. If it is consumed by adolescents in the growing period, it will increase their stamina and improve their health.
- Relieves Headache
– Prepare a juice from the root of moringa. Add an equal amount of jaggery and mix it well.
- Reduces Blood-Sugar Levels
– Moringa has been proven efficient in battling diabetes. If your blood sugar is high, consume this plant. Many studies showed that moringa can lower the level of blood sugar. To this time, it was only tested on animals but now some human testing is conducted as well. The research showed that the blood sugar decreased by 13.5% in 30 women who took 7g leaf powder in the period of 3 months.
As we mentioned earlier there are a lot more benefits of moringa that have not been studied. But at this time we know that it is very healthy and safe to consume.