People practice showed that after taking pickles from the jar they would dump pickle juice down the drain. Many of them even don’t think about its health benefits, because they have never heard about them. However, the pickle juice is an incredible source of antioxidants, electrolytes, and nutrients, which is the main reason to make it a part of your diet.
The next time when you buy pickles, you will be aware that you bought not only the pickles but something more. You should drink pickle juice as it can boost your health, helping you to avoid certain conditions, and helping you to boost your body’s ability to restore itself naturally.
Benefits of Drinking Pickle Juice
It is better than Any Sports Drinks
Many professional athletes and football players believe that drinking pickle juice helped them to restore electrolytes, which is confirmed by numerous studies. This juice is also used in many emergency rooms, helping those in cardiac difficult, because of its sodium levels.
Pickle juice has an ability to relieve cramps and begin to restore balance within 85 seconds. This is due to the ability of the pickle juice to deliver sodium faster than other sources because that sodium is in calcium chloride and vinegar.
It Can Prevent or Treat Muscle Cramps
Due to the vinegar and calcium chloride in pickle juice help to make the potassium and sodium more readily absorbed by the body it helps athletes before and after activity to prevent or to treat muscle cramps. There is, also more clinical evidence being released recently, why there is value to practice drinking it.
It Can Relieve RLS
There is numerous of the anecdotal evidence by users who suggest using it if you suffer from the Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). You can take just a couple of ounces before going to bed as it can quiet your leg movements. However, this ability has yet to be officially studied but could be worth a try.
It Soothes Upset Stomachs
Because of its acidity, it can be hard to even think of trying it when you are experiencing upset stomach and heartburn, but many people, who have already tried it swear that drinking pickle juice can relieve those symptoms. Another choice for the same symptoms is vinegar and honey, but pickle juice is easier to find and drink fast for relief.
To Prevent Hango
Drinking pickle juice can significantly help you to mask the odor of alcohol on the breath. Thanks to its ability to help in balancing the electrolytes it can be the best solution for avoiding or recovering from a hangover.
Pickle Juice Delivers Nutrients and Antioxidants
Due to the acidic content of the pickle juice antioxidants and nutrients are more readily absorbed by the body. As it is low in calories, high in vitamin C, packed with electrolytes and calcium, pickle juice can be an excellent way to boost your health and manage weight.
Soothes itchy skin
By dipping a cotton ball or clean washcloth in pickle juice, you can apply it to the irritated skin (such as from bug bites). Note – avoid applying to broken skin.
Gives your potted plants some love
As shade-loving plants prefer a slightly acidic soil. When there is lack of it on the plant will appear yellow leaves, which means that the pH of the soil is too alkaline.
You can prepare a mixture of 2 tablespoons of pickle juice and 2 1/2 cups of water and use a spray bottle to apply to the soil (avoiding the plant itself).
Ways to Drink Pickle Juice
If you can’t drink pickle juice because of its taste, there are many other ways to add pickle juice to your diet without having to suffer through the taste.
We offer you just a few ways:
- a) For your, after workout recovery drink you can mix a few ounces into the water. It can be even added to any recovery shake you use too.
- b) You can add a pickle or pickle juice anywhere if you find it appropriate for you, for example in some green salads, egg salad, tuna salad and any other place where putting in a few slices of pickles makes sense.
- c) You can enhance the quality of yogurt if you add several tablespoons of pickle juice. The added bonus here is that yogurt will mask the taste of the juice.
- d) It can be used for an addition to any marinade, or to be used as its own marinade for fish, poultry, and even meat.
- e) Use it as a salad dressing, as the vinegar and salt taste of the pickle juice can make it a perfect salad dressing.
You Should Look Also About Side Effects of Drinking Pickle Juice
Before including it in your diet, talk to your doctor. There are no real side effects by drinking pickle juice, but there are certain preexisting conditions in the people that could be aggravated by consuming it, such as:
– If you are on a low sodium diet for any condition, it’ll be better to avoid it.
– If you have gout or even a family history of gout, you shouldn’t drink it too, because of causing a build-up of uric acid.
– You can also check with your pharmacist if you take medications, as the acidity of the pickle juice may not be a good combination with them.
Generally, drinking pickle juice is a safe way to start boosting your health.
Note: Avoid pickle jar brands that contain additives and preservatives as these are not ideal for consumption.